Thursday, 8 January 2015

welcome to India!

Oh yes, I  remember it well...that distinctive smell, the myriad mix of splendid and squalor. The charming sight of green parrots peering in my window grid, the glorious riot of flowers in fullnbloom...the inning sewers, the slums, the beggars...
India is, um, India, impossible to describe, overwhelming in every way, good and bad.
Chennai is, as I expected, noisy, dirty...yep, I had forgot just how the dust and grit gets into every where immediately, amazing how the mind forgets...completely chaotic.
On the plus side, i am here. Via the shortest stopover in Dubai possible ,(25 minutes) thanks to a delayed flight and an hour circulating Dubai. I survived the lengthy queues and forms at immigration, got past the ebola screening despite sweating in the 30 degree heat, and am ensconced in a basic but friendly b and b with WiFi and, amazingly, hot water.
I am exhausted, missed a whole nights sleep but am typing this early in the evening prior to hopefully a long rest...ear plugs going in to block out scooter noise and the multi generational family here having their evening chat...my mosquito bites may be a problem tho...welcome to India!

No comments:

Post a Comment