An interesting drive down. ...I had agreed to share my taxi with a lovely French couple who had I met on the beach a few days earlier..chance encounter during my brief walk the night before had brought us together again as chance would have it, and so they duly arrived as agreed. Only to argue fiercely with the driver over the price. He then got his own back by driving like a maniac. swerving around anything which got in his way , muttering under his breath . Me, he liked, he said, but 'what can you do, some people' was his verdict on my fellow travellers. They were very pleasant, I thought, but Tamil Nada seems to have its own culture and bartering over an agreed price isn't part of it.
Still, we made it, past the sparkling waters of the sea deltas and through rural villages.
And so I arrived at this quiet gentle guest house (aka heritage house) with a quiet room and a shady roof terrace just right for me to sleep in!
I am still feeling very fragile but made it out for a brief walk to admire the beach and the French colonial buildings and cathedrals. There's some fascinating art work too ,as you can see from the pics.
Hopefully I will feel less fragile soon. I'm just not good at this resting lark but my body certainly knows its been hit by a cow! So needs must...an Indian I was talking to on the beach told me it was fate and I must concentrate on the positive , ie I will recover and I have to slow down (too much rushing, he reckoned ) so I am endeavoring to do as he said.
Still, we made it, past the sparkling waters of the sea deltas and through rural villages.
And so I arrived at this quiet gentle guest house (aka heritage house) with a quiet room and a shady roof terrace just right for me to sleep in!
I am still feeling very fragile but made it out for a brief walk to admire the beach and the French colonial buildings and cathedrals. There's some fascinating art work too ,as you can see from the pics.
![]() |
| Pondicherry Beach |
![]() |
| Local Artwork |



No comments:
Post a Comment