Another day, another airport. Benares (varanasi) has a tiny airport so far out of the town it s almost quicker to go by train! Which I would but for the concern about my and my luggage's safety going solo. So I bounced, jolted and hit the roof of an ancient taxi for the 90 minute flight, waiting for the plane in a terminal the size of my garden.
I was boarding in what was a stopover for Jet, so the plane taxied in, we ran out alongside the luggage cart, hopped on and rearranged the existing passengers who had taken the opportunity to move around, and the flight took off again, whereupon the hard working crew served yet another meal. I would even have got the cuppa I was gasping for had the pilot not decided to put this foot down so despite the half an hour late departure in Varanasi I arrived in Delhi early.
I was lulled into a false sense of security by the ease of the taxi transfer. Alas, this hostel is horrible. It is central, in Connaught Place, and like every city anything I can afford in this area is apparently as bad if not worse. Its also a place that charges for everything, from water to wifi. After changing rooms four times only to feel i was going from bad to worse I settled for the one with the working fan and a non working flush on the loo, on the basis that I'm so used to the bucket type now it was the lesser of all evils.
I was boarding in what was a stopover for Jet, so the plane taxied in, we ran out alongside the luggage cart, hopped on and rearranged the existing passengers who had taken the opportunity to move around, and the flight took off again, whereupon the hard working crew served yet another meal. I would even have got the cuppa I was gasping for had the pilot not decided to put this foot down so despite the half an hour late departure in Varanasi I arrived in Delhi early.
I was lulled into a false sense of security by the ease of the taxi transfer. Alas, this hostel is horrible. It is central, in Connaught Place, and like every city anything I can afford in this area is apparently as bad if not worse. Its also a place that charges for everything, from water to wifi. After changing rooms four times only to feel i was going from bad to worse I settled for the one with the working fan and a non working flush on the loo, on the basis that I'm so used to the bucket type now it was the lesser of all evils.
No comments:
Post a Comment